This distinctive pattern of circles suggests information, technology, energy, and motion. This unique element makes the IDEXX visual identity recognizable and distinctive.
In order maintain a consistent look, follow these best practices when applying the circles of innovation.
- Circles of innovation width equals the width of “EXX” of the logo. (Logo size is determined with this formula: [page width + page height] ÷ 12.)
- Placement of circles of innovation should be one “I” space away from the edge of the page, as determined by proper logo size.
- Because the pattern contains multiple transparencies, do not use if the medium will not allow for high-quality reproduction (e.g., fax, pad printing).
- Use the circles of innovation as an introductory element.
- Always apply the circles of innovation vertically spanning the full height of the artboard or distinct area.
- Use only the white version of the circles of innovation on the front of a piece of collateral.
- Use only the white version of the circles of innovation over photography.
- Do not place text over the circles of innovation.
- The only time the circles of innovation appear in (their business) color is on the back of large- and medium-sized brochures and never over photography.